Friday, August 25, 2006

I Am Ashamed

I can't believe a month has passed since my last blog! Time for a catch-up post....

Summer Shows

Now that the summer is winding down, I'd like to take a minute to discuss the five best shows of the summer (in no particular order!)

1. Entourage (HBO)
Following Vince Chase and his buddies during the third season has been a great way to spend Sunday nights this summer. Looks like Vince is painting himself into a corner just as Drama's career is starting again. Turtle lost his big client, Saigon, but still got his payday... will he use it to invest in more clients? Eric has managed to keep a non-psycho girlfriend all summer. And poor Ari is having a manic season, with Lloyd getting an all time high level of abuse. Great season, I just wish we didn't have to wait until January 07 to get the final eight episodes. Season Finale is this Sunday.

2. Eureka (Sci Fi)
A show about a town of geniuses, with new sherriff, Colin Ferguson. This show is really easy to watch. Although there is an ongoing mystery about Area Five, the episodic mysteries appeal to drop by viewers. Also, it's just fun to see all the crazy inventions that are simply a part of daily life!

3. So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
Season 2 of this show was aired for almost triple the screen time as last season. But even though the show changed from one hour/week to three hours/week, it was still great to watch. My favorite, Benji, won which made me really happy. It's already signed for season 3... hopefully wretched Kat won't be back (or at least she'll start brushing her hair!)

4. Psych (USA)
Another light-hearted show, but with completely stand alone episodes... I know, a first for me! This show spoofs all the CSIs and L&O's out there, by having the main character pretend to be a psychic, but really he's just super observant. You'd think it would get old watching him pretend to have visions and seeing his body taken over by spirits again and again, but it really doesn't. A lot of it has to do of the "buddy cop" nature of the show... the chemistry between the two male leads has me laughing out loud! And I'm glad that for once, since it is a same sex leading pair, there is no chance of a romance to ruin the fun.

5. Project Runway (Bravo)
PR is also half way through it's third season, and Heidi has never looked better! Although there is no Santino, between Laura the frigid mother, the rivalry between Jeffrey and Angela, the Keith has fashion books scandal and the contest between Michael Kors and Nina Garcia to see who can be bitchier, it has be a great and drama filled season... and oh yes, the fashion has been good too! My pick for the top three would be Michael, Uli and Kayne. (T would say the same except for Laura instead of Kayne.) I guess we'll see!

Honorable Mentions
Reruns of "Dead Like Me" on Sci Fi: I never got to watch the original on Showtime... this is a really great show, and I'm so sad it's already cancelled and over!)

Season 1 of "Huff" from Netflix: Again, another cancelled Showtime original that made me have a whole new respect for Hank Azaria...

Reruns of "Everybody Hates Chris" on UPN: My scheduling didn't permit me to watch the first season when it premiered last week... it is a pretty funny show, and I think I've managed to watch the whole season over the summer, but I don't see why it's the critical darling it is... The Office and Earl are much funnier.

No comments: