Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hiro Worship

Ok, I'm officially loving Heroes. And Hiro is maybe the funniest new character of the season. Seriously, how cute was it when he was running down the streets in NYC yelling "Hello!"

After watching the second episode, I immediately thought that the mythology of this show could be as good as Lost. I kid you not. The show appears to be giving you a lot of information in each episode (well, in the first two episodes at least!), and then in the last few minutes challenges each new discovery. For instance, can Hiro really teleport? Or can he only see the future? And is Niki really a good person (after all, she did kill those mob guys in self defense), or has she killed before - what was up with that burial spot with a body already there?? And finally, the greatest mystery of all presented last night - who is Sylar? I think it's too obvious that it's Claire's creepy adopted father - though how scary is it that he knows about Claire's powers?!!

Clearly, the show presents a lot of questions.... like Lost. I can't wait for the answers, though I'm sure, Lost-style, it'll be a slow and painful process getting any. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Weiss- er, I mean Matt-- last night's episode didn't give us too much backstory on him, and I'm curious to see how he'll fit in with the rest of the characters.

If you want more backstory, check this out: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/ - it appears that NBC is posting a new graphic novel each week. I haven't read them yet, but maybe they'll provide a little more information!

No comments: