Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Don't Judge Me

So, I normally save my writings on Lifetime for their ridiculous made-for-tv movies, like "She Cried No", starring Candace Cameron and Zack Morris. But, while I was out sick a few weeks ago, I found out that Lifetime runs an array of sit-coms during the day, which are not the pick of the litter, but are still better than soaps and Springer. During commercial breaks, I noticed ads for their new summer sit-com - Lovespring International. I was slightly interestested, (its produced by Will of Will and Grace), so I recorded the first episode... not bad! (I shudder as I say this about a Lifetime original!)

LI focuses on the staff of a match-making agency. There is no laugh-track, and the characters are still more charicatures, but there is definitely some promise here. The first episode was pretty funny (I laughed out loud a few times) ... the second episode start Eric McCormick himself, but wasn't as good (even though it did prominently feature sharks!)

Anyway, if you catch an episode while channel surfing (which there is a good posibility you will, as Lifetime plays it like 8 million times a day) don't click away immediately. (That is the best endorsement I can give a lifetime channel show.)

No comments: