Thursday, June 22, 2006

Less Is More

Last night's episode of SYTYCD actually left me a bit flat... nobody really blew me away... very few couples actually had chemistry. And this seasons, the couples are stuck together unless their partners get voted off, so there is a slim chance that we'll get to see if they have real chemistry with somebody else on the show.

My favorite couple right now is Benji & Donyelle. The whole "I went away on a mission and came back to my supposed girlfriend's wedding invitation" story really got to me - and although he's not as good looking as Dmitri or Musa - there's something so *cute* about him - as my sister K put it - he just looks happy all the time! As for Donyelle, I didn't really feel one way or another about her until Nigel started ripping on her weight.. "in a good way" (what an ass.) At that point, I wanted her to win the whole thing. Can a curvy girl get a BREAK once in a while?????

But actually, the only really feedback I have from last night was the large, blonde judge's eye makeup... she must have thought she was channeling Rene Zellweger with the squinty eye thing she was trying to do - but believe me - she didn't get there. It was distracting.

Also - a quick rant on the camera work. The camera man must think he is being really artistic, but all the crazy filming is making me dizzy, and I feel like we're missing a large part of the dances because of all the panning in/out/around. Please just give us a good angle and stick with it.

No comments: