Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What Do I Watch Now?

As a friend recently pointed out, it feels like there's nothing on TV now that May sweeps are over. But of course, as many networks are realizing, people need their TV year-round! So here's a quick rundown of shows to check out this summer:

1. Entourage
This one's a no brainer. If you aren't watching this show yet, WHY? It's the best show on HBO (sorry Sopranos fans) and so worth your time. Watch it. It starts this Sunday, June 11th, at 9pm.

2. So You Think You Can Dance
I'm a recent convert to this show. I missed it last summer, so I never got into it. But after a total cable failure over the weekend, with nothing to watch except the leftovers on my DVR, I sat and watched the last 2 episodes of this show. Yes, it's started already, but, much like American Idol, they seem to spend the first month or two on the audition stage. And, much like AI, the auditions are really funny. I just hope it holds my attention throughout its run better than AI, which I like, but would never Tivo to watch later.

3. Saved (TNT, 6/12)
I know next to nothing about this show, except "Watch With Kristin" says that Tom Everett Scott's character is like McDreamy, only dreamier! That's reason enough for me.

4. The Hills
I can't help it. It's shameful, I know. But I have a weakness (much like M's weakness for Beautiful People), and it was called Laguna Beach. I have no idea why I liked, no, was addicted, to that awful, shallow show. But I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't admit that I can't wait to watch LC intern at Teen Vogue and date Jason, that loser who all the girls liked last season on LB. Yup, they're still together, and I give them 3 episodes before he cheats on her.

5. Project Runway
A brand new season starts this July on Bravo. I can't wait. Let's hope there's not another Santino, or I might through my TV out the window.

6. Windfall
I include this show not because I think it will be good (in fact, I think it will be just awful and painful to sit through), but because I feel I should always support a show a 90210 alum is on. And in this case, it's not just any alum, but Dylan McKay! He will always be Dylan, and I honestly don't know why he still acts because I'd like to think even he knows this. But regardless, I will watch at least 1 episode of this show. Hopefully in the first couple of weeks, because I don't think it'll last much longer than that.

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure I'm missing something, but hey, it's the summer and it was hard to even come up with 6 shows to watch.

No comments: