Friday, July 07, 2006

It Has To Be Said

I know that this has been discussed to death already, and the internet is clogged with complaints and criticisms, but I just have to put my own two cents in about the Emmy nominations... oh alright, I'll give you three cents, but don't be greedy!

Outstanding Drama Series: Grey's Anatomy, House, The Sopranos, 24 and The West Wing

M says: Where is Battlestar? Lost? Smallville which had one of its best seasons ever?

Outstanding Comedy Series: Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Scrubs and Two and a Half Men

M says: This is the one category they got at least 80% right - the only replacement I would make would be Earl instead of the take it or leave it Two and a Half Men.

Lead Actress/Drama: Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under), Geena Davis (Commander in Chief), Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order: SVU), Allison Janney (The West Wing) and Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)

M says: Even though I'm not a huge Sopranos fan, even *I* was surprised that Edie Falco got left off! I'm glad Geena made the cut though.

Lead Actor/Drama: Peter Krause (Six Feet Under), Denis Leary (Rescue Me), Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), Martin Sheen (The West Wing) and Kiefer Sutherland (24)

M says: Come on, you're telling me that not even one leading Lost men got a nod? And what about Edward James Olmos?

Lead Actress/Comedy: Stockard Channing (Out of Practice), Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle), Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback), Debra Messing (Will & Grace) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine)

M says: They chose Rizzo over Bree? Elaine over Veronica Mars? And as much as I like the little-loved Comeback, really? Lisa Kudrow?

Lead Actor/Comedy: Steve Carell (The Office), Larry David (Curb), Kevin James (King of Queens), Tony Shalhoub (Monk) and Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men)

M says: Steve Carell? Check. Larry David? Check. Jason Lee?? Jason Bateman??? Wait, do I have the wrong checklist??

Supporting Actress/Drama: Candice Bergen (Boston Legal), Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy), Chandra Wilson (Grey's Anatomy), Blythe Danner (Huff) and Jean Smart (24)

M says: While the female Losties probably don't match up to what I considered Emmy status, and I don't watch Grey's really, the only one I consider worthy is Jean Smart - she made 24 worth watching this season.

Supporting Actor/Drama: William Shatner (Boston), Oliver Platt (Huff), Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos), Gregory Itzin (24) and Alan Alda (The West Wing)

M says: The fact that Gregory Itzin's President Logan was nominated over Emerson's Henry Gale seals the deal - the Emmy's suck.

Supporting Actress/Comedy: Cheryl Hines (Curb), Alfre Woodard (Desperate Housewives), Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds), Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl) and Megan Mullally (Will & Grace)

M says: Really? The only Housewife to get nominated was Alfre Woodard? And where is Mommy Bluth - the funniest woman on tv by any standard.

Supporting Actor/Comedy: Will Arnett (Arrested), Jeremy Piven (Entourage), Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle), Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) and Sean Hayes (Will & Grace)

M Says: Kudos for getting Will Arnett on the ticket - GOB kicks ass. And Jeremy Piven - you get my vote! I don't understand how Jon Cryer is a "supporting" actor anymore than I understand how Two and a Half Men is getting so much recognition.

M's Final Words: Clearly the Emmy voters don't watch TV. You all suck.

No comments: