Monday, August 29, 2005

No More Monologues!

Watched the 2nd episode of Real Time with Bill Maher late Friday night after stumbling home completely hammered.

I'm a dork.

At any rate the show was fine and is too political to really discuss here, but Eve Ensler was on the panel and everytime she spoke, she kept saying that women were actually now worse off in the new Iraqi regime. T considers himself to be liberal, but seriously, that has to be the dumbest argument in the history of mankind. As her inane diatribe continued, I suddenly remembered that she was also the women responsible for writing The Vagina Monologues, which if you don't know, is probably the worst way to spend 3 hours. After realizing this, an all consuming hatred washed over me. Just before I could throw a bowling ball through my television, I remembered that I was completely hammered and decided to pass out instead.

High Point: Any time Eve Ensler wasn't speaking

Low Point: Eve Ensler. The Vagina Monologues sucks. I don't care how "intellectually enlightened" you are, that play has no redeeming qualities. Even M hates it, and she watches every single episode of Sex in the City (which actually is the same thing as The Vagina Monologues. It's ugly women talking about sex.)

No comments: