Thursday, August 11, 2005

So You Think You Can Dance

I just finished watching the first two episodes of So You Think You Can Dance, the new dance-y version of American Idol on Fox. The show was watchable only because I was able to TiVo through the blah-blah-blah - I struggled so much to be a dancer - sob-sob-sob parts. The snippets of dance scenes are fun to watch, but they seemed far and few between - but I suppose that the actual competition is yet to begin, so hopefully it will get better. What I doubt will get better (and promises to get worse actually) is all the so-called world famous choreographers trying to be the new Simons, (with a twist of Donald to boot). You could tell that "New School Hip Hop Guy" was just dying to yell "You're Fired."

High Point: The last scene in episode 2 where the final 16 all do their little 5 second solo - at least its dancing instead of hackneyed and over-rehearsed monologues....

Low Point: Watching the dancers start bawling during a contemporary dance workshop in episode 1 because they digged deep into their soul and found themselves while dancing (was I supposed to be crying too? I was just staring in awe at the idiocy.)


No comments: