Monday, September 18, 2006

Mondays with M

Looks like the premiers are really getting underway this week... but the best ones are being saved for October (i.e. Lost & Battlestar)

Season Premiere Watch

Monday:
CSI: Miami (CBS)
How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
The Class (CBS)
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS)
Two And A Half Men (CBS)

M Says: CBS has a comedy in HIMYM, but Christine and Men don't seem worth time. The Class is pretty bad (not as bad as 'Til Death) and one of the leading characters sounds as if she has a speech impediment.

Tuesday:
NCIS (CBS)
Smith (CBS)
The Unit (CBS)
Law & Order CI (NBC)
Law & Order SVU (NBC)

M Says: I'm pretty excited about Smith, as I love crime capers and I love Ray Liotta. I gave up on the Unit, but still think it was a pretty good show, but definitely aimed more at the CSI/L&O crowd.

Wednesday:
Criminal Minds (CBS)
CSI: NY (CBS)
Jericho (CBS)
America's Next Top Model (CW)
Kidnapped (NBC)

M Says: I have a good feeling about Jericho, one of CBS' only serialized dramas. I've been watching Vanished on Fox, but I'm told of the two similarly themed shows, Kidnapped is better, so I'm giving it a try. That is if T can watch either Laguna Beach or Inside the NFL at a different time slot.

Thursday:
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
Six Degrees (ABC)
CSI (CBS)
Shark (CBS)
ER (NBC)
My Name Is Earl (NBC)
The Office (NBC)

M Says: I know, I know, Grey's Anatomy starts! While I've never really gotten into this show, I keep up, and recognize why it does so well among females. I'm way more excited for the resolution to the Jim/Pam kiss on The Office.

Friday:
Close To Home (CBS)
Ghost Whisperer (CBS)
Numb3rs (CBS)
Law & Order (NBC)

M Says: Fridays are useless to me until Battlestar starts.

Sunday:
Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
Desperate Housewives (ABC)

M Says: Finally, the much-talked about Brothers & Sisters starts - let's see if the cast changes, script re-writes and new production managers were worth it! Also, I'm really anticipating DH's return; for some reason, I have faith that this show is going to bounce back from the terrible second season, and give us back what made us fall in love with Wisteria Lane to begin with!

M's Weekly Spotlights

Monday: Studio 60 (NBC), HIMYM (CBS)
Tuesday: Smith (CBS) , Dead Like Me (SciFi) & Eureka (SciFi)
Wednesday: Jericho (CBS), Kidnapped (NBC), Project Runway (Bravo)
Thursday: Earl (NBC), The Office (NBC)
Sunday: Desperate Housewives (ABC), Brothers & Sisters (ABC)

Buzz

1. The Lost Experience
What the hell is going on, you ask? Well, we finally found 100% of the Apollo bars on www.whereisalvar.com... I'm sure we'll get something good during the DJ Dan podcast on Sunday. Check back next monday for a summary.

2. It's Not Just TV Anymore
The networks announced they are finally going to embrace showing their programs on the internet. Go to the various network pages to see how you can catch shows, even if you don't have TiVo.

Closing Thoughts
TV is finally starting again! Although summer wasn't as grim as it normally was, I'm so excited about this upcoming season. Stay tuned, post your comments, and enjoy!

No comments: