Friday, March 03, 2006

Battlestar Galactica

Okay - just finished up the mini-series that leads to Season 1 last night - and I am totally frackkin' hooked. What a great start - I just knew I would love it!

Its funny, I'm normally not into the "space & robot" types of sci-fi. Never watched a full episode of Star Trek in my life let alone one of the movies and the phrase "Danger Will Robinson" never meant much to me. However - this show, although is both in space and has "killer robots" (they Cylons) really doesn't seem science fiction-y to me. Again, this show seems to be about character development (one of my favorite themes!) And also, it seems very pro-woman, which of course, I love (the best fighter pilot is a woman, the president is a woman, the main evil genius cylon is a woman.) I have to say, the last scene of the mini-series (the mass funeral scene) got a little cheesy, but from what I've read, the ongoing series is much better than the starting mini-series, so I'm not worried.

Go get the DVDs and catch up! Season 2 is ending tonight (I believe). And they start shooting Season 3 in April.

Its sad - I chose to Netflix Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy instead of Season 1 of Battlestar this weekend... talk about hindsight being 20/20.

No comments: