Monday, May 15, 2006

Izzie Sucks

After a very long trip home, involving numerous delays at the airport due to rain, all I wanted to do was watch Grey's and relax in front of the tv. Little did I know that I would spend the majority of the hour screaming at the tv!!!! IZZIE, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? I'm sorry, but no one is that stupid. Cutting the cord on a machine that's keeping Denny's heart going, all to show your love for him and move him to the top of the donor list, is absolutely ridiculous. And when she was completely losing it, going into that hysterical rant screaming "What about ME?," well I wanted to wring her neck. I was literally screaming "I hate you" at the tv. I cannot stand when otherwise strong women break down and become hysterical. What happened to the Izzie who stood up to Alex all of those times, or who helped the teenaged pregnant patient who was struggling to give up her baby, when we learned that Izzie herself gave up a baby when she was a teenager? I really hated the Izzie I saw last night, but, I gotta admit, I can't wait to see what she does tonight when she finds out that Burke isn't coming to her rescue.

Speaking of Burke, that was an amazing last 2 minutes. If you're wondering where that arrogant boss who was killed outside the hospital is from, he's Vinnie Van Lowe on Veronica Mars! I love that Shonda Rhimes, the genius behind this show, is so anti-spoiler. I think that's one of the best things about this show - you never know what's going to happen, and I'm truly shocked when things like Burke getting shot outside the hospital happen.

Thank god we don't have to wait a week for the 2 hour second-parter to the season finale - it airs TONIGHT, probably starting at 9:20 - 9:3o because of the presidential address (ABC will announce the adjusted start times later today - note that FOX already announced that Prison Break is starting at 8:20, and 24 is starting at 9:20).

I realize that I didn't write anything about Meredith/McDreamy/the Addison outburst, but I promise I'll tackle all of that tomorrow, after we see how things play out tonight (though I will say that THANK GOD Derek didn't say anything to Meredith in the elevator, and I'm quite disappointed with Meredith's breakdown to Finn, crying "I love him so much," seemingly in reference to Doc but clearly talking about Derek).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with everything about Izzie... she's been becoming more annoying with every episode, and I really don't think they would've let it get so far knowing the strange relationship that's been going on between them... also, isn't Denny DNR now, so that he shouldn't be helped with the crash cart?

J said...

Good point about the DNR, but the second they brought that up, with the look in Izzie's eyes, you just know she's not going to respect Denny's wishes. I mean, if she's willing to cut the cord to move him up the donor list, I don't think she'll even think twice about a DNR order.